If you are transporting medical cannabis in Oklahoma, you need a transport agent card. Even if you are the owner of a grow, processing facility, or dispensary, you still need a transport agent card. Your business “transportation license” is no longer all you need to transport!

According to the OMMA website, “A transporter agent license allows individual employees/owners/agents to transport medical marijuana on behalf of a licensed transporter, including growers, processors, dispensaries and stand-alone transporters.”

The process of obtaining the agent card is simple and quick. In fact, the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority is approving transport agents in as little as 30 minutes. The transporter agent license fee is $100 for one year.

To begin, you will need a new OSBI Background check. You can apply for a background check online here, or if you are close to Oklahoma City, visit the OSBI at 6600 North Harvey Place OKC, OK and apply in person. The cost of the background check is $15 and is available the same day.

You will need an Affidavit of Lawful Presence, this is a simple form that says you are a citizen of the United States. This form does not have to be notarized.

You will need an Employment Verification Form. The top of this form is completed by the transporter agent and the bottom is completed and signed by the employer (commercial license holder).

Here are the forms you need to complete and scan for upload:

  1. Background Check (apply online)
  2. Affidavit of Lawful Presence (download here)
  3. Transporter Agent Employment Verification (download here)

Here’s how to apply for a transport agent card:

  1. Visit http://omma.ok.gov
  2. Click the “RETURNING APPLICANTS” button
  3. Click “CONTINUE”
  4. LOG-IN with the email/password used when you applied for your commercial license.
  7. Select your business license from the drop-down
  8. Complete the following sections: Employer Information, Agent Information, Contact Information, Questions, Documents, Payment, Review

You will need TWO of the following for proof of residency:

Oklahoma residency can be established by providing a digital, color copy of a combination of the following documents that provide proof of Oklahoma residency for the duration of the 2 or 5 years:

  • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
  • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
  • Oklahoma voter identification card
  • Utility bills, excluding cellular telephone and internet bills
  • A residential property deed to property in the State of Oklahoma
  • A current rental agreement for residential property located in the State of Oklahoma
  • Other documentation deemed sufficient by OMMA

Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:

  • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
  • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
  • U.S. passport or other photo identification issued by the U.S government
  • Tribal identification card approved for identification purposes by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety:
  • United States Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or a Oklahoma tribal photo identification cards: Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma, Kiowa, Comanche, Apache of Oklahoma, Absentee Shawnee, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Choctaw, Delaware, Caddo Nation of Oklahoma issued on or after January 8, 2008.